APUK  

Go Back   APUK > General Chat > Cafe APUK
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Cafe APUK general chat

Old 09-16-2016, 05:15 AM   #21
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

What Z said! Daaaaamn! Some people have more nerve than a bum tooth! Pardon the pun.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:51 AM   #22
Galeon 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zriza View Post
Hi Gal, sorry to hear about the dental problems (shudder) and daughters in law problems (double shudder). At least the cats are finally at home. Crossing fingers that said problems will be solved sooner then later.
How's mj and did she manage the very non-Canadian summer ???
Well teeth are gone, since Monday. Still trying to get the swelling down. They now use the new teeth to try to push the swelling gums down. Common sense tells me you can't do that and the second day confirmed my observations as I had to remove them because of the pain they were causing. Dentist is ok with that and I will see here again next week. Apparently these aren't the final set of dentures anyway.

mj seems to have survived the summer, I hear less about the hot weather when I go out with a T-shirt and shiver now. Gonna have to go dig out some of those sweat shirts I wore all the time in Colorado. She is out of sorts because I am hurting.

Time to do bills....
A genuine sword inscription, scottish gaelic
borrowed from kmm on HLBB TKS
Galeon 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:52 AM   #23
Galeon 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandkat View Post
What Z said! Daaaaamn! Some people have more nerve than a bum tooth! Pardon the pun.
Pardon nothing!
Old 10-01-2016, 06:03 AM   #24
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

thhhhpppt

Are you at least in less pain?

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:20 AM   #25
Coolwater
Commanders

You retired for the same reason I did, but I'm liking it a lot. I remember the low cost of living in Texas very fondly. Do you still have family in San Angelo? It's so much cooler further west, I'm having trouble figuring out why you would take MJ there. Lake Alpine near Big Bend scrapes 90 at the worst of it. and it's dry enough there to use swamp coolers. And there are lakes there - with water in them. So, if you do have family in San Angelo, maybe the whole crowd of you could move west?

I'm sad about your teeth. That truly stinks.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:21 AM   #26
Coolwater
Commanders

BTW, this dumb thread never comes up when I hit the short cut marker. Found it by accident!
Old 11-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #27
Galeon 7

Don't know about the thread not coming up. Did move back here for two reasons, cost and family. One of my sons is here, the other in east Texas. My sister is also here. Yes, property values are lower here, but we still have to cut things to make ends meet.

Feel much better! as soon as I learn to eat again...

Thank you Cool!

Just having to get used to dentures. They decided instead of putting in cotton when they took my teeth out that it would be a good idea to put in the new temp dentures to hold everything together. (Took both my sister and mj to cart me in the house. Later that night when the pain meds wore off and the pain hit, I took the teeth out and bled a lot. mj had to use quite a few paper towels to clean up. I was a mess, but the pain went away.

So now just trying to make ends meet no thanksgiving and mj is not really sure she wants to put up a xmas tree this year.

Just trying to figure out what I want to putter around doing. Right now, blueprinting a new garage and blueprinting a monster computer...and watching X files with mj.

We have a shit load of DVDs many we have never seen and the minimum cable package, not much on. That's about all for now.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:34 AM   #28
Coolwater
Commanders

No Thanksgiving is bad, but no Christmas? That's appalling. I was broke for a long time and still had Christmas. Can't you make little gifts for one another? And a potluck dinner with your family? I bet MJ, the Queen of Crafts, could really go to town and I know you could build her almost anything (a jewelry box!).

Using dentures to pack your sockets the strangest thing I've ever heard. Don't know how you missed "dry socket," given that you let all the blood clots out. How miserable! I'm glad you're better.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:44 AM   #29
Islandkat

Professor

Smile

As someone that is chronically broke this time of the year thanks to having to buy heating fuel in bulk, we still put up a tree and decorate for Christmas. Heck, embrace your pagan faith and at least bring the greenery in.

It took me years to convince Ryk to buy an artificial tree. Ok, he liked going out and cut his own down, but as the county became more populated that started to be a difficult prospect with many risks. When one of you needs to stand as look out, it's time to give in. That and Ryk really wanted to go after the tree in front of the Dumfries police station I mean he seriously had a jones for that tree! Every year pointing out how beautifully shaped it was and how nice the needles were Yes, it was a beautiful tree until someone butchered the heck out of it a few years back. Poor little tree, it's starting to recover. BUT IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE COP SHOP FER GOD'S SAKES! Then prices of nice trees kept getting more and more expensive, I finally managed to persuade him into buying one.

It's nice to receive a lot of gifts, but that isn't the point of the season. The old year is over and hopefully the next will be better. Even if it's only a pair of fuzzy socks it counts as a gift. Yes, I'm serious. It still counts. A nice inexpensive blouse/shirt. A silly little Christmas ornament. I found "The Prize", the leg lamp, from A Christmas Story 1/2 off last year. Ryk got a kick out of it.

Christmas isn't supposed to be about stuff. It's about family, friends, what you're grateful for, and what you have which is the other. So, maybe it's just me, but I'd go ahead and do a little something. Make something for the other like Cool suggested, that is if you already have the supplies on hand. If you're seriously pairing back from years past it can be a little melancholy, but it's not all bad. Give each other a hug and thank the other for being there.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #30
Zriza

Immortal

Crossing fingers that your mouth is feeling better Gal and that you'll find a way to celebrate Christmas even in a very small way
Old 12-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #31
Websters
Commanders

I have neglected to check this thread. Sorry 'bout the oral problems Galeon. Hope that has resolved itself by now. You can charm the grandkids by taking out your teeth! I've never seen wider eyes and more gaping mouths when the kids grampa did that! Not downplaying the discomfort of the extractions, but guess there are some advantages!

I see Brownsville Texas has warnings for pregnant women regarding Zika. Further South, on the coast from you.

Hope you do have a nice Christmas even if MJ decided against the tree. Family around is the most important. Grandson wanted for his 'Lego guys' a weapon pack, and when I received them they were in a package the size of a Snak Baggie! Well, they are small, the legos are too, but the price wasn't!

Hope everyone has a Family Holiday. Our numbers are down, some spread out, some gone. Count our blessings anyway. "We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." Herman Melville said it but it is my wish for all of us.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #32
*~mj~
Commanders

Hey people! Sorry I haven`t been on here for ages. I see G has kept you pretty much up to speed though. We did the tree at xmas and has a good one. Son and GF and their 2 little ones...nothing like presents and toddlers to make you smile!

I love Texas so far, except for the heat. I just stay in a lot. Having a crap load of health issues so I am just as happy staying home. The AC purrs away here constantly. I do lots of needlework.

Son that lives here...I think I will let G tell it. I tend to get kind of hot under the collar. He and GF broke up, she moved back to Victoria with what we had begun to think of as our grandbabies and that broke my heart. GF and I are close, she calls me mom. She is a handful, but has had such a rotten life no wonder. I worry about her.

So kind of depressed about that and health. But I will live. I think the stress of moving is still with me. I don`t recommend it.

Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light...

I think i`ll go buy some socks.~ Methos

Every now and then I do something supremely stupid, just to stay in practice
*~mj~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:32 AM   #33
Islandkat

Professor

Moving sucks

Old 07-06-2017, 04:13 AM   #34
Coolwater
Commanders

Oh, ~mj~, that's awful; I'm so sorry. Which Victoria? Can you keep in touch with her without making any kind of a fuss with Gal's son? Like weekly phone calls and an occasional visit? She still needs a mother, the kids still need grandparents and Gal's son is still their father, right?
Old 08-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #35
Zriza

Immortal

Hey Gal &mj, hope you are ok and didn't get a visit from Harvey.