APUK  

Go Back   APUK > Anything Highlander > Films
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Films The Highlander Films 1 to 5

Old 09-02-2008, 03:59 AM   #41
Tessa
Commanders

Here's another story about the remake. Robbie Williams as the Kurgan??

[Only registered users can see links. ]
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #42
Islandkat

Professor

Smile

uh-uh... *sighs, smiles*

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #43
EvanStar
Dancers

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetglove View Post

Maybe the Highlander Franchise are missing something. Perhaps "The Highlander Chronicles" would be more appropriate and tell of encounters they've never mentioned before.

That is the smartest thing yet, velvetglove, you're such a bright lad!

Last edited by EvanStar : 02-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
EvanStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #44
Islandkat

Professor

I agree, but it seems like everyone is having to "Reboot" these days for some reason. "Attracting a new crowd" is the buzz words. Frankly, I just think they're too lazy or Hollywood's just not attracting enough creative people to think of exploring new areas.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #45
Tessa
Commanders

I watch the British series East Enders, and we are years behind here in Canada but this actor has just made his first appearance on the show and I thought immediately that he would make a fantastic Connor MacLeod in the remake of Highlander the original movie. He's 6 foot tall, buff , and based on his acting skills and the character he plays on EE (he is a soldier who served in Iraq, so a warrior just like Connor!) I think he would be amazing as Connor. Maybe some of you guys here in the UK are familiar with him? Just wondered what you think.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #46
Zriza

Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I watch the British series East Enders, and we are years behind here in Canada but this actor has just made his first appearance on the show and I thought immediately that he would make a fantastic Connor MacLeod in the remake of Highlander the original movie. He's 6 foot tall, buff , and based on his acting skills and the character he plays on EE (he is a soldier who served in Iraq, so a warrior just like Connor!) I think he would be amazing as Connor. Maybe some of you guys here in the UK are familiar with him? Just wondered what you think.

http://www.robertkazinsky.org/
Robert Kazinsky is off East Enders now. He can be a good Coonor and at least will not sound Swedish like Lambert LOL
Old 04-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #47
Tessa
Commanders

Hi Zriza. I wonder if RK has been approached or is interested in taking on the role of Connor because he would be perfect and hopefully he could do a Scottish accent. Well, it would have to be better than Lambert's. I could do a better Scottish accent than he did! LOL (I don't think I'm going to like the character he plays on EE by the way. I think he's going to be trouble..... but he is certainly nice to look at
Old 03-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #48
Tessa
Commanders

Found this on Wikipeadia under Highlander The Series:

Possible new series
It has been rumored that with the remake of the new Highlander film underway,Producer Peter Davis is considering developing a new Highlander TV series. It will if developed focus solely on Connor MacLeod and not on Duncan.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:30 AM   #49
Coolwater
Commanders

When the Source was being written, the original plan was to have the new movie lead into a new series based on characters that came out of the film. I suppose they're trying the same strategy on the Redo?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #50
Tessa
Commanders

I haven't heard much about the coming remake of the Original Highlander film which starred Christopher Lambert so no idea if they have even cast any roles yet although I have heard rumours about contenders. But I think this actor, who I know only from the series *Hung*, Thomas Jane, looks alot like CL and he's a good actor. If they were looking to cast someone who resembled CL a little bit, he'd be a good candidate. Both these pictures of TJ don't really do him justice. He's really quite a looker.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #51
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

I believe Thomas Jane's name has been bandied about from what little I have read.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #52
Coolwater
Commanders

Personally, I'd like a real Scot to play the role. And how about David McCallum to play Conner's father/clan chief? He did an awesome Alan Breck Stewart in Kidnapped, even if he was blond.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #53
Tessa
Commanders

More info on the Highlander remake. Check out the comments at the bottom of the article.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #54
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

*sigh* I will try to await judgement until I have seen it. But now he's working on another Terminator with Schwarzenegger... yeah.