APUK  

Go Back   APUK > Creative Writing > Fanfic Highlander
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #341
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 293

Katriona was understandably upset, but I don’t think she feels as betrayed by this revelation as Kendall does. Or at least she isn’t showing it. As I have mentioned before, she’s a harder read than he is. You have to be really close to her to see what a warm person she is. I know from her Chronicles it seems she’s this hard-nose, tight-ass bitch, but that’s just the outside. I suppose she’s had to be to survive the game as long as she has with their limitations. But underneath, she’s a chocolate covered marshmallow. Dawson tried to diffuse the situation, but I don’t think it’s entirely blown over yet, Gran’poppi.

At present, the last I saw of either of them before I was attacked last night and Katriona was kidnapped – Kendall was furious with me when he found out, but he did seem rather concerned about my state of well being last night. It may have been more that a member of “his” crew was injured due to their involvement with him and he takes his responsibility to his crew pretty seriously. He was pretty insistent on meeting the Doctor and Watcher that Dawson found to take care of me. Ken wasn’t about to let me go with them until he met them, despite Dawson’s assurances - and he asked if I’d rather he called Mina and Barney to come get me if I wanted. I was pretty stoned at the time, because of the drugs those people that took Katriona used on me, but he seemed to be more perplexed about what to make of me by then. And he was worried about Katri. I hope she’s alright. Nobody in the Watchers seems to know what’s going on about that! Something to do with a pendant Kendall bought her for their anniversary is the best I can gather. I’m almost certain that the kidnappers weren’t Somalis, though I think that part of their demands might be the redhead that shot one of their men. She actually shot an Immortal that came hunting them down here in Seacouver who Kendall wound up fighting. It will be in my report. What I do remember of last night, the people that took her put me more in mind of South Americans.

I’m fine, btw. It’s only a mild concussion and a sprained elbow. I don’t seem to be suffering any ill side effects from the drugs that were used on me during Katriona’s abduction, but I am pretty scratched up and a little sore. Dr. Fletcher-Ross, Marilyn, says I should be fine in another day or two. Her husband, Bob, is one of us. I’m not so sure of what he’s going to report, Gran’poppi. I wasn’t at Katriona & Kendall’s apartment ‘in the line of my vows’ to Watch. I was there last night to apologize to them, but Kendall wasn’t there when I got there. I never actually talked to Katri. I just got there in time to see the people that kidnapped her. While I was still pretty wasted, I think I admitted as much to Bob.

I know, I know! I let myself become too involved. One of the things we are always warned against most strenuously. Never interfere and never become involved. But Gran’poppi, they are really nice people and very good friends! I see how it was so easy for great-great- How many greats is it again? – Uncle Kaimana to have befriended them and I guess I grew too fond of my assignment. Kind of hard not to when you’re at sea and there’s really very few people to talk with. There’s just something about a popcorn fight during movie night that – well, laughter’s infectious! And they were really concerned about Max. You remember me saying I let that slip as part of my cover story? Katri was actually really terrific and supportive about that and Ken took me under his wing almost like a little sister when I hinted I was trying to escape an abusive relationship.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #342
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 294

I don’t know what to do! How much trouble do you think I’m in? Will I have to request reassignment? It’s not just that I’ve grown fond of my charges, but I’ve actually rather liked the life at sea. It’s a good job. The hours are easy. The pay and bennie’s are fantastic. Being the cook isn’t really a hard or messy job. Though I suppose a lot also depends on what the Skipper & Katri say. If I’m fired, there’s not much point in worrying about all that, is there? Do you think I’ll have to quit, or will the Watcher’s fire me for being found out? We don’t do the firing squad anymore, do we? This is such a mess! Our family has known of Immortals for 227 years and none of our ancestors have ever failed as miserably as I feel I have!

Aloha, Love You,

Lani

Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #343
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 294.25

May 18, 2009

To: Noelani Ka-’ehu-kai

Aloha my Mist of Heaven,

Calm down, child. Breath. I do not see how you have brought shame to our family. You sound very like your other Grandmother when you talk like that. It must be that Japanese blood from your mother’s. Such a serious woman! No fun. ;-) Maui are not so serious. I recall from our meetings she is a very difficult woman to get along with. ;-) I do not recall her ever smiling the times we have met. Don’t tell your mother I said that, I will have to deny it. :-D Yes, your cousins have been working on my “Computer Etiquette”.

Now will you calm down Lanika bug? From what you say, much of this was beyond your control. You are correct that in theory you should never have become as fond of your assignments as you indicate. In practice, however, it is not difficult to grow to admire or to hate those we Watch. We Watch these Immortals every day of our adult lives and you have been in very close proximity to yours for a number of years now. Perhaps longer than you should have, but your charges are a difficult couple to keep a Watcher on and you were in a good spot to Watch.

That you even speak of Max now indicates to me that these haoles have been good for you though. Especially Katriona, her Chronicle describes her as a strong woman. I’ve seen this from our meetings and I have seen you find your strength again during your association. You were always such a fearless girl until you met that boy. I worried that you would never find that strength again when we sent you off to the Academy and it makes me smile to hear it. But as for the nature of your friendship, it is sometimes a sad fact that friendships change. They evolve or we part ways. I understand you are loath to part badly, but if that is how it must be, then that is how it is.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #344
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 295

As to your worries about your future. Yes, I would say that reassignment is most likely. You should have been reassigned a year ago, minimally, but the Council kept telling Robert that they were unable to get anyone moved onto the crew to replace you. The fault is not yours alone. There’s plenty enough for everyone to shoulder if it comes right down to it. There are only so many plausible positions aboard a frieghter and few candidates with the required skills to fill them, let alone an open position to move them into.

I highly doubt that your discovery and friendship is cause for a Firing Squad! That is a punishment reserved for high treason to your vows and your actions are hardly treasonous. Slightly careless, perhaps, but hardly treasonous. You were following orders.

And yes, I have heard of this Joseph Dawson! What that man is doing as Regional Director is beyond me! But considering the troubled times of the 90’s and his brother-in-law leading to Duncan MacLeod’s discovery of us, I suppose he did the only thing possible. That is not saying I condone it! But one could hardly expect him to off himself once discovered. That he should have asked immediately for reassignment however… well, one could argue that the Kalas and Galati incidents would have happened with or without those two’s involvement and Methos would never have been discovered without it. At least in our lifetimes.

I will speak with your Uncle about this later today. I’m sure we can find a way to keep your record unblemished by this event. Regardless what may be said on the mainland. File your report as you should, but send it to your Uncle. The full report, including how the Cursed Immortals discovered your being their Watcher and how that came about, leave nothing out. If it requires any amount of spin control - I, as well as Robert, I’m sure - would prefer that we handle this within our own ranks. If the haoles don’t like it… tough. If Robert disagrees, well we will discuss that if and when, but I really don’t see him not wanting to keep this closer to home.

You will most likely have to come home for a time. Perhaps it is time? At least remain on land? I have seen you re-finding that fire you once had, but in some ways is remaining at sea not a form of still running from that haole you dated? You are a beautiful and intelligent young woman, Lani, with much to offer. None of us wish to see you miss out on a full life because of this calling our family pursues. That is too easily done in pursuit of the truth. If field work is what you desire, so be it. I will always support you. But do not use it to avoid other aspects of life, my dear granddaughter.

Your loving Gran’poppi,

Aloha

Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #345
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 296

From the Tribunal Record: 30 May, 2009

To: Marion Aiki. Assistant Regional Director. Pacific Rim, U.S.A.

April 17 – May 16, 2009

I find that I may be in need of reassignment. My assignments, Kendall & Katriona, “The Cursed Immortals of Ulster”, aka “The Cursed Lovers of Ulster”; returned to Seacouver, Washington and home of the Main offices for their shipping line, Yukon & Northwestern, after their freighter the ‘ Morrigans Curse’ was hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Victoria Island. Due to Kendall’s foresight the crew escaped with the loss of only two hands, Radar Operator Vincent “Vinnie” Callari and Senior Helmsman Harold “Tex” Stevens. Despite a few ship’s system malfunctions due to the attack on the freighter by the previously mentioned Somali’s during their attempts to take the ship and the countermanding of the Captain’s orders by our Second in Command, Aristotle Stavros. Said pirates indicated they desired to exact revenge for earlier losses of their fellow countrymen at the hands of the Atalante Coalition (The combined Multi-National Naval effort in those waters attempting to subdue the Piracy problem these last several years and restore safety to that region).

In Seacouver, Katriona and Kendall met with three old friends. Hugh Fitzcairn, Duncan MacLeod, and Greg Powers. (Refer to Watcher Chronicles on these Immortals). Accompanying the Immortal, Katriona, to Seacouver to give my deposition to the FBI, I reported to Joseph Dawson, U.S. Pacific Northwest Regional Director for that region as my Regional Director, Robert Ka-ʻehu-kai, of the Pacific Rim Office instructed me. Unfortunately, much to my dismay, my cover story as the ship’s cook for the ‘Morrigans’ Curse’ was ruined when my charges discovered me talking with Pacific Northwest Regional Director Joseph Dawson. His status as a Watcher and the existence of our Organization had been revealed to them a few days earlier by his assignment, Duncan MacLeod.

It being approximately the one thousand, five hundred and seventy-second Anniversary of their Hand-fasting/marriage, estimated as May 5, 437 A.D., Kendall bought Katriona a pendant he purchased at the Antique Establishment of Portman and Davenport that subsequently set in motion events that are taken up in the Chronicle of Duncan MacLeod by Joseph Dawson, due to my being attacked and requiring medical assistance the night Katriona was abducted and Kendall ‘borrowed’ the yacht ‘Signora Fortuna’, from Hugh Fitzcairn to go rescue her – Ship’s port of registry is noted as Palermo Italy and owned by the Immortal, Amanda.

I await the Watcher Council’s decision on my reassignment, even though I whole-heartedly wish that there were some way I could be kept on in my current position. I, however, understand the Society’s need for secrecy and await further instructions.

A full report of incidents dating from the hijacking to present is attached. As instructed, I am CC’ing a copy with the Seacouver Office since many of the incidents could be documented by other Watchers. Meanwhile, I watch.

Aloha

Noelani Ka-’ehu-kai
Seacouver, WA. USA.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #346
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 297

From the Tribunal Record: 3 June, 2009

To: Joseph Dawson. Regional Director Pacific Northwest, U.S.A.

I received your e-mail this morning; I’m fine, thank you. No ill side-affects from the drugs the - Ábą Eminánie? - used on me. The concussion is healing nicely as is the sprain. The doctors say I’m fit to return to duty. How is Katriona? They didn’t sacrifice her, did they? Please tell me they didn’t sacrifice her! I’d hate to contemplate what that would do to Kendall. I think it would kill him emotionally. I really don’t think we would want to contemplate a Kendall without his Katriona. She’s his anchor and reason for striving to be a decent man.

I filed my initial report with the Pacific Rim office, there’s a copy sitting in your inbox. But my Regional Coordinator thought it best this way, since I will require reassignment and my family would like to see me return home. At least for a little while.

From the sound of your adventures in Colombia that I have heard so far, Mr. Dawson, I don’t know if I’m really ticked I got left behind after I was drugged and left unconscious by the Ábą Eminánie. Or glad I didn’t have to slog through the Amazon in service to our vows. (I hate mosquitoes) So who is on Katri and Kendall? She is all right, right?

Aloha

Noelani Ka-’ehu-kai
Seacouver, Washington USA

4 June, 2009

To: Noelani Ka-’ehu-kai, Field Watcher
From: Joseph Dawson. Regional Director Pacific Northwest, U.S.A.

The Good News Noelani; No, the Ábą Eminánie did not have the chance to sacrifice Katriona with the stone. That is going to take a lot of explaining, but your Girl’s a slippery one, I’ll give her that. She managed to escape and Kendall never even had to draw his sword defending her.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #347
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 298

The Bad News - I’m not sure how to break this to you, but Kendall and Katriona have given us the slip. The last I saw of them was in El Encanto and there was talk about the safest place for that pendant being at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. I woke the next morning and before I could arrange to have an alternative temporary Watcher set on them, they were long gone along with Amanda. I have been informed that the ‘Signora Fortuna’ is no longer in port in Tumaco. She left a note saying that she’ll call when it’s done. I will be arriving back in the States by plane in another couple of days. We’ll talk then.

Joe Dawson
Tumaco, Colombia.

5 June, 2009

To: Joseph Dawson. Regional Director Pacific Northwest, U.S.A.

What do you mean they’ve given you the slip? Where the hell are my Immortals Joseph Dawson? I left them with you! I wanted them back the way you found them! Well, ok, not Katri. Her I wanted back in one piece! But you were supposed to give them back! You said, “Trust me, Lani, they’re in good hands.” So where are they? First you get me found out! NOW you’ve lost my Immortals? Didn’t I tell you they were slipperier than eels if you didn’t cook for the skipper? It isn’t as easy as just sticking Sunday’s pot roast and a peach cobbler on the window sill and expect Ken to come sniffing! He’s not a puppy! Its bad enough they found out about me and the Watcher’s! Now you’ve let them free in the wind? There’s a reason they’re near legends among the Watchers! I thought you knew what their Watchers have had to go through keeping them on the radar as much as we have.

Great! There goes another summer break! And I was so looking forward to a little cliff diving and snorkeling this year.

Like Amanda will really tell us where they’ve gotten to!

Aloha

Noelani Ka-’ehu-kai
Seacouver, Washington USA

Old 02-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #348
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 299

Duncan MacLeod cautiously entered his kitchen following the driving force of a Quickening to find Joe sitting in his breakfast nook sipping a cup of coffee while Methos made toast. “Hey Mac,” Joe looked up smiling as he shook out the weekly edition of the “Seacouver Sentinel”, the Seacouver State University’s newspaper that he had found on the front step while Methos quickly picked the lock. “Another Monday and finally back to work? Did you get Powers and Fitzcairn off to the airport all right?”

“Yes and yes. Making your selves comfortable?” he replied with a tolerant rise of his brow at the two men camping in his kitchen. The dark-haired man continued. “As payback for jumping in and taking over my classes on such short notice, I’m going to have to take over Doug Saber’s Summer School classes so he can accept an invitation to an Archeological dig he had wanted to join.” After the last few weeks Summer School would seem like pure heaven compared to slogging through the Colombian Amazon, the Highlander thought. Whereas, on the one hand, it was like old times seeing Kendall and Katriona again; on the other, he was grateful the whole affair had ended. If not on an exactly happy note, at least with his friends still intact and the world safe once again.

Getting a glass of juice and swiping Methos’ toast from him, the Highlander sat down across from Joe just as the mortal turned the page and almost choked on his coffee when his eyes caught the headlines out of the University’s Astronomy Department. His eyes skimming the article, the Watcher waved MacLeod off with an embarrassed, “I’m fine, but you’ll never believe this.” Turning the paper so MacLeod could see, he pointed the column out.

“Comet Lulin Shows Us One Last Mystery.”

Sky-watcher’s at Seacouver’s Planetarium are still intrigued and pondering the meaning of Comet Lulin (official designation C/2007 N3) latest actions as it waves its last good-bye to Earth on its departure from our Solar System for the Oort Cloud. Discovered by Ye Quanzhi and Lin Chi-Sheng of Lulin Observatory, China. It peaked in brightness and arrived at perigee for observers on Earth on February 24, 2009.

A vast combination of mysteries to start, Comet Lulin's green color is thought to come from a combination of gases that make up its local atmosphere, primarily diatomic carbon and cyanogen, which appears as a green glow when illuminated by sunlight in the vacuum of space. Another intriguing aspect of C/2007 N3, it entered our solar system on a clockwise path at the Earth’s ecliptic; appearing to fly backwards. Most comets travel counter-clockwise. Due to the optical illusion from Earth it appeared as if the comet's tail was in the front as the comet approached the sun earlier this year.

As sky-watchers may recall, Italian astronomers led by team leader Ernesto Guido witnessed "an intriguing phenomenon in Comet Lulin's tail" on February 4, 2009 photographing a disconnection event. While they watched part of the comet's plasma tail was torn away. Guido and colleagues believe the event was caused by a magnetic disturbance in a solar wind hitting the comet.

The non-periodic comet became visible to the naked eye from dark-sky sites around February 7, nearing conjunction with Saturn on February 23. It continued to be observed passing near Regulus in the constellation of Leo on February 26 and 27, 2009. As it left our sun it could be seen passing Comet Cardinal on May 12, 2009. Its latest act of intrigue came on or about May 27-28th when for almost a day it appeared to have stopped, even reversing course back into the inner system.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #349
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 300

Sea U’s own Professor of Astronomy, Krys Andre, was in New Mexico when the event happened approximately May 27th and this columnist quotes, “It was an extraordinary event from a comet that already promises to be intriguing scientists for years to come. Pictures from the Hubble Space Telescope show Lulin slowing or even reversing course while in the Asteroid belt beyond Mars for a period of nearly 27 hours. It will take some time to interpret all the data, but it did appear to simply hover before shaking violently then proceeding on its way out to the Oort Cloud.”

“Well, what do you make of that,” Joe drawled.

Sitting down with more toast, marmalade, and a cup of coffee, Methos shook his head in bemusement. “If they ever really knew why it seemed to have stopped, they’d never believe it in a million years.”

“Don’t you mean ten thousand years,” Joe countered. “Speaking of which, heard from your friends lately, Mac? Seems their Watcher is a feisty little thing and I am in deep water with her for misplacing them. I’m afraid she’s got plans to make me walk a plank if she gets her hands on me!”

The Highlander smiled and shrugged, “Not lately, Joe. Hope you can swim.”

“You wouldn’t tell me, even if you did, would you?” the Watcher inquired with a note of mock disgust. “I mean, they have to come back! There’s still that board of inquiry over their ship, isn’t there? The lawyers can’t handle all the questions.”

“Oh, they’ll be back, Joe. Eventually. After Kendall’s dropped that thing into the deepest depths of the Pacific. I imagine there’s already a contingency in effect that can handle the questions. Just tell Lani not to worry. And if that doesn’t work - make sure you have a life jacket handy,” MacLeod said with a grin, taking a long sip of his juice to forestall any further questions.

“Maybe I could appease the lady by introducing her to Wesley.” Joe said thoughtfully. “He was a Watcher, you know. Vampire Slayers of all things. Their Organization kept track of Vampires and was destroyed about a decade back. Talking to Lorne he let it slip that they could really use someone that knows how to read between the lines of legends to reorganize what is left of their Research Archives. There's a story in our archives that we may have been a single organization at one time, but there was a schism of sorts. If we put her in charge of the project, it would be a real feather in her cap. They have one man left that has been trying to rebuild their Organization, a Rupert Giles, but I imagine it could be as big a project as ours would be if something like that had happened to us. When I think of that and what Kalas or Galati could have done to us…” He trailed off deciding that in hindsight this subject could stand dropping in this particular company.

“So how about those Mariners,” Methos asked into the silence. “Think they have a chance at the pennant this year? They seem to have really turned around since last season. I hear they’ve rebuilt their entire coaching staff.”

Last edited by Islandkat : 02-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #350
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 301

The two women lounged in deck chairs on the stern; golden skin glowing where their bikinis didn’t cover and smelling of coconut oil, soaking in the rays of the Pacific Ocean sun. Half her attention given to the fashion magazine she read, Amanda turned the page and pointed out the coming Autumn line of shoes being advertised to Katriona with an inquisitive sound.

Stretched out across the padded bench of the ‘Signora Fortuna’s’ stern, Kendall lazily played his Hawaiian Decoupage singing softly in his pleasant tenor and ignoring his wife’s occasional teasing poke at his thigh. “You are still the one -- that makes me shout/ Still the one -- that I dream about / We're still having fun, and you're still the one / You're still the one, yeah still the one / We're still having fun, and you're still the one…”*

Finishing the tune, his aimless strumming turned to another, changing a few words to fit the afternoon. “Nibblin' on sponge cake/ watchin' the sun bake/ All of these ladies covered with oil/ Strummin' my six string on* the back fantail/ Smell those shrimp--They're beginnin' to boil.”**

“That reminds me, lunch should be ready soon,” Amanda commented before taking a sip of her Margarita the steward had left on the table between the chaises. Returning the glass to rest on the small table beside her she tried ignoring the item wrapped in the hand towel trying not to think of what they were going to do soon with the exquisite piece.

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville, Kendall sang, “Searchin' for my long lost shaker of salt/ Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,” he grinned, nudging Katriona with a toe and winking at her as he continued, “But I know - it's nobody's fault.”

“Don't know the reason/ Stayed here all season/ With nothing to show but this brand new tattoo/ But it's a real beauty/ An
Irish cutie,” he grinned waggling his brows comically. How it got here/ I haven't a clue.

“He’s got a tattoo?” Amanda inquired of Katriona, smirking, “Where? I certainly can’t see it.”

“Not that I know of and I’ve seen the whole of him,” the redhead turned her head out of the chaise to speak to Amanda over the singing behind her.

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville/ Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt/ Some people claim that there's a woman to blame/ Now I think,-- hell it could be my fault,” The singing man rolled his eyes and threw his head back at the thought while he sang the line.

“Oh, I don’t blame you, Luv.” Katriona murmured sleepily into the chaise, lazily waving her hand to brush his thigh. “I rather like you, too.”
Old 02-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #351
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 302

The Chief Steward discreetly cleared his throat to interrupt the music, “Ms. Darieux, Ms. Morgan, Captain Wright? You indicated that once we were over the coordinates that Captain Wright provided for the Challenger Deep, that you wished to be informed? The Helmsman indicated that I was to tell you that we are over that section of the Trench now.”

“Thank you, Kevin. That will be all until lunch is ready.” Amanda replied with a heavy sigh for the object lying wrapped in the hand towel beside the dripping pitcher of Margaritas. Once the Steward that she was still a little suspicious of left, she turned her dark eyes sadly toward the cloth again. “Are you sure -”

“No, Amanda,” Katriona chuckled ruefully, rolling over to sit up. “No way!” Drawing her long legs up to sit tailor fashion, she picked up the towel and unwrapped the gold pendant that contained Momrath Eminán’s Heart, tilting it slightly to catch the slight star in the blood red gem. With a little sigh of her own, she looked up at her husband sadly commenting, “It really is a pretty bauble you tried getting me.”

“Ah no! Might be another ten thousand years before that comet comes back, but I am not taking any chances,” Kendall declared, setting aside his guitar and standing up. “Crazy zealot types have a bad habit of misinterpreting prophecy only all too often for my tastes. It’s going in the drink while there’s still a chance of Insurance reimbursing us for its theft. Do you want the honors, milady, or should I? Actually,” he corrected with a teasing grin, “I should. You throw like a girl.”

Eyes widening, Katriona made a small sputtering sound of indignation. “Excuse me? I what?”, she demanded just as he snatched the pendant from her hand and took off running for the bow of the yacht. Trying to swipe him out behind the knees she missed her mark and jumped to her feet to dash off after him.

With another sigh for the gem that was about to be thrown over the side, Amanda adjusted her sunglasses and rolled over to tan her back and thighs. “I can’t watch. I just simply can’t watch,” she murmured aloud to no one in particular. “The number of buyers Basil alone could have lined up for me inside of a week for a treasure like that.”

Running a complete circuit around the yacht with his wife nearly on his heels, Kendall jumped up on the padded bench and paused to catch his balance. Drawing his leg up in his best fastball stance, he brought his arm forward and released the pendant to go soaring off the portside as Katriona ran up laughing and grabbed him from behind. Unbalancing his already one legged stance on the padded expanse, the taller man stumbled, trying to regain his footing on the gently rising deck. Eighty yards off their port the pendant hit the water with a small splash and slowly began sinking the six miles to the ocean floor. Amanda whimpered into the chaise as the two continued dancing an awkward step until Kendall hit the rail and the slightly smaller woman’s weight was enough to overbalance him. “Whoa-oa-o!” The sandy-blond cried out as he toppled over the rail dragging Katriona shrieking with laughter along with him.

At the sound of the splash below, Amanda jumped a little when a few droplets found her and rose up on her elbows looking around for the two. “Oh you didn’t,” she scoffed in affectionate disbelief. “Kevin!” She called loudly. Picking up the sterling bell she was about to ring it when the Steward rounded the corner carrying the yacht’s satellite phone, “Kevin,” the Immortal acknowledged the brunette with a small thought to how he’d look in a kilt. “Tell Mr. Jacobs to all stop and come about, please. Our guests seem to have fallen into the water.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #352
Islandkat

Professor

Default Chapter 14 ~ pg 303

“Immediately, ma’am,” the well-muscled Kevin replied. “Will they have need of a life ring, ma’am?”

“Do they look like they need one?”

“I’m not sure, ma’am. However, you have a phone call. A Mrs. Wolfe saying that Mr. Wolfe is looking for you because Mr. Myers called them looking for you and he is very irritated. We were supposed to be in Seacouver for that arrangement.”

“Oh,” Amanda smiled, taking the phone from the bearded man. “Thank you. Do hurry and tell Jacobs to turn the boat around if we aren’t stopping. And get the ladder ready. Oh darling, you would not believe what’s been happening,” she chirped, turning her attention to the younger Immortal woman on the phone. “Do you know if Bert is terribly angry?”

Breaking the surface, Kendall whipped the hair from his eyes searching for Katriona. “Baby,” he called. “Katri?”, he yelled more loudly when he didn’t get an answer and couldn’t see her.

Long fingers wrapped around his ankle and yanked seconds before the water burst up in his face and the lithe woman broke the surface rising up in front of him. A saucy grin splitting her face and her eyes dancing with mischief, his lady innocently inquired, “Lookin’ for me?” Wrapping her arms around his neck and hooking her legs around his hips as he tread water keeping them both afloat.

“Always,” he leered, bending his head to kiss her.

The End

*”Still The One”, Orleans; Waking and Dreaming, words and music by John Joseph Hall and Johanna D. Hall, 1976

** “Margaritaville”, Jimmy Buffett; Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, Released 1977.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.