APUK  

Go Back   APUK > Everything Adrian Paul > Fandom
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #21
Tessa
Commanders

Yes, but isn't the wedding ring always worn on the left hand?? He has it on the right hand, 3rd finger. I suppose you could wear it on which ever finger and hand you wish to but I think traditionally, it's the third finger, left hand if it's a wedding ring. Maybe it signifies *engagment*? It would be nice, wouldn't it.

Last edited by Tessa : 11-29-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #22
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

I thought right hand was a European custom? Or an old custom. Either way, *sigh* Let's face it, he's got a baby girl with a very beautiful woman that he has been with a number of years now. Commitment isn't just the paperwork people. I would have been perfectly happy with my guy even if we hadn't gone through the formalities bcs the family pressured us.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Tessa
Commanders

I agree. I think legalities aside, they probably feel married and even if they didn't go through the legalities (which by the way, has nothing to do with the ceremony itself! ) they could put rings on each other and say *There, we are now married in our own eyes and hearts!*.
I never heard anything about the right hand, I've always just heard *3rd finger left hand, that's where he placed the wedding band!!!!* LOL I think there's a song that goes like that! As far as I have ever seen at least here in North America, it's the left hand.
So many people have noticed *the ring*. I think there's going to be a big kafuffle within the fandom about whether or not there has been a wedding!

Last edited by Tessa : 11-29-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #24
Tessa
Commanders

Some great pics on twitter and facebook and part 2 of the interview where he talks about The Peace Fund.

[Only registered users can see links. ]

Old 11-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #25
pukkie
Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I agree. I think legalities aside, they probably feel married and even if they didn't go through the legalities (which by the way, has nothing to do with the ceremony itself! ) they could put rings on each other and say *There, we are now married in our own eyes and hearts!*.
I never heard anything about the right hand, I've always just heard *3rd finger left hand, that's where he placed the wedding band!!!!* LOL I think there's a song that goes like that! As far as I have ever seen at least here in North America, it's the left hand.
So many people have noticed *the ring*. I think there's going to be a big kafuffle within the fandom about whether or not there has been a wedding!
Yes i notice the ring to when i saw the picture yesterday
With us, they wear the wedding ring on the left ring finger
Is among Catholics
Others believe wearing the wedding ring right by us in Netherland ,the most Catholics living in the south by us
My sisters in Germany wear their wedding ring right, is everywhere else
I think that Adrian and Alexandra are very happy together and they do not feel the need to married . and so you say Tessa they probably feel the same as married people !!
pukkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #26
pukkie
Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Some great pics on twitter and facebook and part 2 of the interview where he talks about The Peace Fund.

I saw it ,very nice
And Great pictures !!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #27
RxLady

Professor

I've said it before and I'll say it again...he's beautiful inside and out! and sincere..
RxLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:11 AM   #28
Coolwater
Commanders

Nice interview.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #29
brilliant!MacLeod
Dancers

Talking

In Germany the wedding band is always worn at the right hand,fourth finger from the left.We even call it "the ring-finger".When I had to remove my ring from the right hand because of some nervous troubles in my right hand and put it at my left hand,some people even asked me if I had broken off my marriage!

But you are right,the only thing that counts is that they are obviously very happy together,though I think he is making a point with wearing that ring.Iīm so happy for them,they are a wonderful,beautiful and adorable family!!
brilliant!MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #30
Tessa
Commanders

I heard that he always wore a gold band when he was married to Meilani and that you never saw him without it. So I guess we will see if he is wearing this ring all the time, it probably means that they have married.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #31
pukkie
Commanders

Here the other pics .
Old 11-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #32
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

awwww! I love the last 1! LOL!

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #33
Zriza

Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandkat View Post
awwww! I love the last 1! LOL!
Yep the Jedi teddy bear is very cute
Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #34
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

I wonder how long before little hands gleefully announce, "Mine".

Old 12-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #35
Coolwater
Commanders

Teddy wan Kanebbi!

Granted that priests are more liberal than they were when I was a kid, but still I'm thinking it would be a rare priest that wouldn't nag the parents of the baptismal baby half to death for not being married. "Haaaaooowww can you promise to rear the child as a good Catholic, teach her to forego sin when youooo yourselves are unwilling to commit to that most important of sacraments, Hooooooly Matrimony???"

And I do not know how they'll get around the fact that AP is divorced.

Of course, it may be they didn't do the baptism in a Catholic church.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #36
Tessa
Commanders

Exactly Coolwater! But do they just believe the parents are married because they say they are ? Do they actually need to see proof? Now it's been many years since we had our children baptised but I don't remember that we had to show them our marriage certificate. I have a feeling she was baptised a catholic since Adrian is and there's a good chance that Alexandra is too. I know that these days, the Catholic Church will often not baptise a child when the family is not a regular member of the congregation.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #37
willun
Knights

Great pics thanks for sharing

willun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #38
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

Large donations also often cover a multitude of sins. Especially if the parents of one is a member of the congregation.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #39
brilliant!MacLeod
Dancers

About APīs divorce,Cool:if he and Meilanie didnīt marry in a church,then as far as I know (being a Protestant,itīs only hear-say)the Catholic Church wouldnīt acknowledge him as having been married at all and thus the divorce doesnīt count!At least in Germany a civil-marriage is not seen as a "marriage" by the Catholics,so there might be no problem in that department.
In the Protestant Church people donīt have to be married or even be a member of the congregation to get their children baptised.My foster sister is Catholic and so was her first Hubby and nobody opposed when they decided to have their son baptised in our Protestant Church and thus become a Protestant!
brilliant!MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #40
Tessa
Commanders

Now that I think about it, we did have to show proof of marriage when we had our children baptized. And we weren't attending church at all so we had to endure a lecture from them about that but they still allowed us to do it. I understand some churches flat out refuse to baptise if you do not attend church regularly. I think the Catholic church is alot less flexible about most things than the Protestant is and I suppose any church welcomes the opportunity to bring people from other religions into their fold and convert them so they are quite happy to baptize them!

Last edited by Tessa : 12-02-2010 at 03:21 PM.