APUK  

Go Back   APUK > Everything Adrian Paul > Fandom
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
Tessa
Commanders

Default Is Adrian attending this Collectormania Event in London??

Sheryl has this on her newswire. Apparently Adrian has not yet confirmed whether or not he will attend this event in London UK the weekend of November 27/28th, which is the weekend after next.

[Only registered users can see links. ]
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Tessa
Commanders

This is on the forum. I wonder why Adrian has announced this yet?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

There's always the obvious answer. He's behind on things - again Or should that be still?

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
Bella_Gata
Dancers

Why am I always on the right side of the continent when these things happen?
Oh well.................
Bella_Gata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #5
Coolwater
Commanders

Bella, will you be at the HLWW con in New York next fall?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:35 AM   #6
Tessa
Commanders

Have they announced any details about it as yet Coolwater?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
Zriza

Immortal

According to Carmel. AP is going to be in collectormania although there some final details to be closed.
4-5 years ago I would have dropped evrything and flown over to London to see Adrian. But not anymore. If he'll attend another con when I'll be (if god will) in London in March, maybe I'll go because I'll already be there.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
Bella_Gata
Dancers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwater View Post
Bella, will you be at the HLWW con in New York next fall?
Girl, if I am breathing, count me in
Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
Bella_Gata
Dancers

Wait! Assuming Adrian will be there, of course. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole Highlander franchise, but, to spend big bucks ( and I am sure I will) I would like to see the man himself.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
Tessa
Commanders

They will definitely sign him to be there Bella but they always emphasize that his attendance is subject to his professional comittments. He could back out if he had to due to his work but Adrian has a very good record of attending cons when he has commited to them. I think in Vancouver in 2007, he was very close to backing out completely because he had that Drake film about to start filming in Europe very close to the weekend of the convention and as it was, he only made it for one of the days on the tour instead of the 2 days that he originally signed on for. I think he probably could have easily missed the tour completely to get himself over to Bulgaria but thankfully, he gave us one day and 2 evenings instead which was really good of him. He didn't have a moment to spare! I wonder what next fall will bring since he has these 3 films to do and also another role if he can get it. He could easily be busy then, but as I said, he usually comes through if he says he's going to be attending a con. I don't believe he has ever missed one that he committed himself to. It would be so disappointing to go to one to see him and find that he had to cancel.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
Bella_Gata
Dancers

Ok Tessa, now you have me biting my nails AGAIN! (Just kiddin'). I am not going crazy UNTIL the date gets closer. THEN, I'll start planning. is there a lot of people that goes to these conventions? (I am a convention virgin, here ). Also, anybody here planning on going?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #12
Tessa
Commanders

They usually limit attendance Bella to give them a more intimate feel. I think they usually keep it to under 200 which sounds like alot but honestly, when you see the group in the room, it looks very small! Some of the early cons had more than a thousand people attending so that gives you an idea of how different these ones are! I'm not sure that I'll go or not. I'l see when the time comes that they open registration. But I would certainly encourage you to go to one if you have never been before and you are relatively new to the fandom so I understand how you feel. I was ecstatic about my first one in LA back in 2004! Wild horses couldn't keep me from going! They are fantastic and you'll have a blast. It's great to see Adrian in person and listen and watch and nice to see the other cast members and there is nothing better for a fan than hearing them talk about the series and their own personal memories and stories. I loved that they talk about the actual production of the series and what went on behind the scenes! Another big bonus is getting to meet other fans that you have gotten to know online! It's all very entertaining! You won't regret going, that's certain! Now when the time comes and they announce it, who knows, I might just go. We'll see!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

Well, depending on budget, I'm really too close to N.Y.C. not to go. However October would require a room. I'm not skipping the beach again next summer though. Beach first. Gotta beach.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #14
Coolwater
Commanders

Sigh. For me it will depend on finances - the grant that employs me is kaput, and I'm unemployed again.

So, if AP is all booked, why is he grumbling about people hiring him? (That was pretty funny. )
Old 11-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
Tessa
Commanders

So it has been confirmed that Adrian will attend the Collectormania event in London only on Saturday November 27. (OMG is it THAT close to Christmas now???)
Is anyone planning to pop down or up to London for the day??

Last edited by Tessa : 11-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #16
Tessa
Commanders

Found this picture from Collectormania on sheryl's site. She can always be counted on to find a picture! Haven't seen anything else anywhere. Wow, he's looks wonderful, as always!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
pukkie
Commanders

Here two other pics

pukkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #18
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

oh nice

Old 11-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Tessa
Commanders

There's a great interview with Adrian at C/Mania. The interviewer managed to ask some good questions!

Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
brilliant!MacLeod
Dancers

Did anybody see the ring at his right hand?
brilliant!MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote