APUK  

Go Back   APUK > Everything Adrian Paul > Series > Highlander
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Tessa
Commanders

Default Highlander The Series on *Movietime*

To my delight, while channel surfing this morning I stumbled across Highlander The Series ! It's airing on the *Movietime* channel. It's been years now since it was airing here in Canada! They're on season 2 and I caught the tail end of *The Zone* this morning. I'd begun to give up hope that it would ever be back on Canadian TV. I have all the DVDs of course, but it's nice to see it back on TV. I'm assuming it's still on Scifi in the US, in the wee hours of the morning.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

Not at present, unfortunately. I think they tease us deliberately. Play it on one side of the border while neglecting the other side, then they switch.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Coolwater
Commanders

Stinkers! But I'm glad you have it, Tess.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
Tessa
Commanders

Yes, it's nice to see it on TV again here. Even though I have the DVDs and can watch it whenever I want to, it's nice to know that if I have a bout of insomnia I can flip on the TV and watch it at 4 AM some nights LOL In fact, at 4 this morning it's *The Return of Amanda*.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

I look at it being on TV as preserving my DVD's

But 4 AM?!?!?!? Not much preserving going on at that hour.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
MathPiglet
Dancers

It's on the Mystery channel too at 1 in the afternoon and sometime in the morning.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
Tessa
Commanders

Oh it is?? I must check that out Mathpiglet! How long has it been on there for, do you have any idea? I can't believe I never noticed it before. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by Tessa : 09-09-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #8
RxLady

Professor

I just watched Prodigal Son the other day on DVD. Probably the first HL dvd I've watched in several months, many months. And that's unusual for this 14 yr fan.

Even though I was thinking back to how many years ago this was filmed, it STILL stayed so interesting, different, entertaining, and wonderful for me. Adrian and Richie friendship ( though a beaten one at that time) and the flashbacks to Duncan in younger centuries, suffering with his high moral standards just made me appreciate once again what a wonderfully different and special show this was! I'm planning on watching some more DVD's this coming week. ( I have a few more days off in a row than usual...that leaves more time for dvds. lol)

STILL a Highlander/Adrian Paul fan! LOL LIfe gets busy and time goes by and demands pull at you in different directions but when you sit back down and take a few minutes to watch Adrian as Duncan, that same appreciation is still there.
RxLady is offline   Reply With Quote