APUK  

Go Back   APUK > Other Actors > Other Actors > Alex O'Loughlin
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Tessa
Commanders

Default Alex O'Loughlin to Play Steve McGarrett in New Hawaii Five-0 This Fall

"Book-em, Danno"

Last I heard, Alex was starring in a series called *Three Rivers*, a hospital drama about surgeons who perform organ transplants. I like him alot (loved Moonlight) but don't care for hospital dramas. I just read that he is starring in the remake of Hawaii-Five 0 this fall, and Three Rivers has been cancelled. Good for him to be cast immediately in this series which they expect to be a huge hit. I'll definitely have a look at this.

[Only registered users can see links. ]

I'm excited about a new Canadian series airing this fall called Shattered and it has a Highlander connection! It stars Callum Keith Rennie who played the nasty immortal who was after poor old Mikey's head in *The Innocent* and who found himself on the end of Duncan's sword. *EG*. He's a Canadian actor who has done alot of work in the US as well. The premise of this series is that he is a homicide detective who secretly deals with multiple personality disorder. Sounds interesting..... There are also some other actors in this who have appeared in Highlander. Martin Cummins, who played Pete in the Counterfeit episodes, and Molly Parker who played the nasty Mrs. Alice Ramsey in *Wrath of Kali*. I'll be watchin!
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

I swear I read somewhere that the actor that plays Jin & maybe Sawyer as well, will also be starring in the New Hawaii Five 0. I'm particular about my cop drama's, maybe bcs I was raised with the original. I think I'll have to give it a peek.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Islandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Bella_Gata
Dancers

(Board is acting up a little this morning )
Anyway, I loved AO in the "Moonlight" Series on CBS. Too bad it got axed (too soon IMO). I am yet to see the movie he did with J.Lo. Did anyone see it?
Bella_Gata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Coolwater
Commanders

No, but I've been seeing th ads for 5-0. Looks like a major improvement on the original (which was lame). Shattered sounds like fun in a Dexter sort of way, although the mandatory flashback ep where they explain how the hero became a multiple will probably be nothing but grim heartbreak.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 AM   #5
Tessa
Commanders

I never got into Dexter. It seemed a bit too grim for me and yet everyone I know loves it! They laugh at me when I say it's too violent and grim and say *you prefer shows that are less grim, like where people get their heads chopped off??* I try to explain that you never actually see that happen!
I've been seeing alot of promos for Hawaii 5-0 and AOL is looking very good in the role of Steve McGarrett. I'm going to have a look when it starts to air but I'm not normally a cop show fan so I don't know if I'll be able to stick with it. Now, If he was a vampire or an immortal cop, like he was in Moonlight, well he was actually a private investigator but close enough, then the odds of my sticking with it would be much better LOL I loved that series. Too bad they had to axe it but that year was such a bad year for TV with that damned writers strike. Were it not for that it might have lasted longer.

Last edited by Tessa : 07-27-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
RxLady

Professor

Ray has already said "book'em Dano" on the ads and laughed. We used to watch 5-0 years ago in our youth, so I think we'll give it a shot too. He did tell me first "the moonlight vampire is going to be cast in 5-0" LOL

I always liked Callum.....I don't know why, but I love the blooper where Adrian is so concerned and shouts out a warning to him that he is about to get hit by that big piece of swinging equipment. LOL Adrian always tried to take care of everybody on the set. He'll be a good director and producer on these upcoming projects, I think.

Oh, Tessa, Callum was on 24 this past season....bad guy again....he REALLY got it in the end, and surprisingly NOT by Jack Bauer. LOL
RxLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Tessa
Commanders

Anyone watching 5.0?? I catch it now and then, lovely scenery!
Here are a couple of nice pics of Alex from his Facebook page! There are lots more there. They recently held a *Hawaii Five 0 Actor's Seminar* in Hawaii and there's lots of pics there from it, as well as lots of promo pics form the show. He's a cutie! He recently did a shoot for InStyle magazine. Oh, I miss Moonlight! Wish that show had stuck. Damned writer's strike! I liked him much better in that than in 5-0 but he's still good as Steve.

He cleans up nice too!

Last edited by Tessa : 03-19-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

Oh! More pics for the Vamps thread! hehehehehehehe

Yes, I have been watching 5-0. Pretty good remake & the scenery is lovely.

"Yeah... it's all fun and games 'til somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
Tessa
Commanders

Oh my, I must say, Alex fills those jeans out nicely!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
Websters
Commanders

No one has been commenting!

My husband started to watch with me one evening and noticed they spend a great deal of time in helicopters! I told him, how else to get those panaramic views of Hawaii!

I like Dan-o!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
Tessa
Commanders

I like Dano-o too Websters. He's alot more fun than Steve is. Poor Steve, never has much fun, rarely smiles. But that's part of the characters personality due to his history. Still I would like to see them loosen him up a bit. I don't watch regularly but catch it occasionally. It's fun, far fetched but fun! I much preferred Alex on Moonlight where we got to see some passion and fire! and teeth!!! LOL
Old 05-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #12
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

oh, I'm watchin'! Every week there's a new episode hubby & I catch it "OnDemand", some sadist put it opposite of Castle. Though ABC apparently has decided to lighten up and start listing it under "OnDemand" too.

Personally, I think Alex makes a great straight guy in the banter back & forth with Dan'o. If Steve were of a lighter personality, the back & forth, & Dan-o's complaining wouldn't be nearly as funny. I figure that's why Steve's always so serious. Alex has his moments, but if he were generally more light-hearted the back & forth with Scott Caan wouldn't work nearly as well.

Last edited by Islandkat : 05-04-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 AM   #13
Tessa
Commanders

Maybe so, they have to play off each other well and they certainly do. I guess I just prefer his character in Moonlight.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
Tessa
Commanders

Whoa! That was quite the cliff hanger on the season finale of Hawaii 5-0! We know how it will turn out of course, but I thought it was a good season finale. The Wo Fat arch has been well done!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 AM   #15
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

Seriously! Just caught it OnDemand tonight. Hope it's back next season.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #16
Tessa
Commanders

It's my understanding that the ratings are excellent for H5-0 and that it will be back in the fall.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #17
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

That's my understanding as well, but I read that it came in 2nd - well behind the Castle season finale. I HATE they have 3 great shows on in the same time slot on the same night! But now ABC seems to have started listing Castle OnDemand as well so we can do a little more back & forthing.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #18
Tessa
Commanders

I've never watched Castle. I'm not a big TV series watcher. I'm very picky about series. I never watched any of the ones that were so popular like ER, Grey's Anatomy, Glee, those CSI shows. I tend to like less popular series and the ones I DO like end up getting cancelled!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
Islandkat

Professor

Cool

We checked it out for Nathan Fillion & just kept with it. But I hear you about those I do watch usually getting cancelled. I'm not much into the CSI. Only started catching some of Grey's Anatomy or Desperate Housewifes in the afternoons & I can take or leave them. Glee seemed to teeny bopper and ER, that was my dad's show while Mandy Potemkin was on it.